Sunday 29 June 2014

#17 Adam dan Hawa


Back when I was in school, friends often asked - how it was, being an elder sister of twins brother-sister? Well, I remember having two small heads tailing me almost everywhere I went around the house. Sometimes, I, the wicked sister, would led a false trail for them to leave me alone. For example, playing hide and seek, the twins would be the seeker, they would turned to face the wall and counted 1234567...100 and I pretended to hide...and fled the place. Hawa did not appreciate this, and unfortunately she remember to this day.
To make this story even - so you would forgive me for being lackluster - I also enjoyed teaching the twins numbers and ABC. I would prepared presents - sweets, fancy-looking erasers. They would be very excited thus sped the learning process. Of course the most effort would be credited to my mother. There was this incident where our house was nearly caught on fire because my mother was deep in passion helping the twins with their homework; she forgot the frying pan on the stove.
The issue related to twins is; people tend to compare them. Being boy and girl, Adam and Hawa are totally different and unique on their own personalities. But people sometimes thought they were comparable like identical twins when the case is clearly an apple and an orange. These are the questions being asked on me too - do they cry at the same times? Do they dream of each other? Do they communicate telephatically? I wish... It would made their life in examination hall very comfortable.
Actually this post is a (be)late(ed) birthday treat for Adam and Hawa. I dont want to write any advices or reminders since they never listened to me anyways, yours truthfully the humble sister. We fought a lot too, especially with Hawa, my sparring partner fighting neck to neck. But there are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll...knocking out house no 26 with stupid fight is one of them. Undeniably Hawa is the closest sibling to me. She understands me the most and we shared many similar interests. I could listen to her chattering the whole day and our topics of conversation never ends. The same with Adam too - the youngest and the one with the most hardships. He inspired us with his actions. Sometime I thought he is the most matured. This guy also gets you and understands the reason behind my every decision- I always enjoyed my conversation with him.
Anyway I better stop here because I dont want to talk much before the twins start comparing and nagging who get the most praises and whatnot. I just want to say  both of you have equal footing in my heart. I am sorry for not being a good model sister. But be assured, If I have RM5 in my wallet and havent eaten yet for the day because that is my last RM5 I own and am saving it for emergency. Then if emergency come in the form of you barging in my room asking me to help you with RM5, I will hand it without slightest hesitation. That is my promise and my level of love. Jazakallah, may Allah grant both of you al-firdaus. I am most grateful and learn a lot of lessons from these remarkable young peoples.
P/s - other siblings I ll write about you too haha god knows when. That RM5 rule apply the same.

1 comment:

  1. Hampir menitik air mata. Hampir. Kalau menitik tak macho tak cool la kan.

    ReplyDelete