Tuesday 10 September 2013

#7 Third day of Running

A squirrel darted pass me and the morning sky was gloomy. I was running at this hill park where I could get an eagle view of the city I live from afar. As I ran, the cool breeze speed along with me - a friendly companion - soothing my face and soul with its fresh moist. The birds pecking the grass at the trackside scampered away as I trodded on the jogging track. I felt fast like i was in an ironman suit ( when in real time I was as fast as Spongebob's pet snail, but lets not dwell further on that matter).

This is why I like running eventhough nobody runs in the family. This is the reason why I would still returned to the track after many attempts and injuries. Running is all about overcoming your own limitation. Running outdoor, I also have this opportunity to dwell in my individual self, the beautiful world, and the Creator of us. After every running session, I always returns to civilization with refreshed soul.

Running is all about individual. However, as a female runner, I need to consider about my safety. Luckily enough there are many people jogging at the park. Saw this man around 50-ish jogging in the pace as fast as mine. He looked like a kind retired grandfather who has received bad results on his health report book last week and decided to start the exercise regiment this week. Marking him as my 'guard', I kept a stone throw distance and jogged behind him all the time.

Overall, for today I improved my pace time and did this :
4 minutes run, 1 minute walk
7 rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment